[Release] Easier Access to Alternates, More Android-y Controls and Lots of Little Bug Fixes!
Hello friends of Balsamiq!
As you know, we never get tired of making our little tool better and better for you all. 🙂
Let's see what's in today's release.
Easier Access to Alternates!
Many of you asked for this, and here it is!
You can now select alternates easily both from the navigator menu and the fullscreen navigator menu.
New, more Android-y Options for Controls!
So we heard this Android thing is getting popular and it looks like it might be here to stay 😉 so we thought we'd make it easier to wireframe Android applications without having to use an external symbol library.
This release includes a first batch of changes, more will come in the future.
New Search Options
We added a shape option to make the Search control have Rounded Corners or be Rectangular, made the search icon optional, and added an option to show or hide a microphone icon.
New Text Input Border Options
We added an option to have the border of a Text Input control be only the bottom line, instead of a rectangle. Android-y! 🙂
New Progress Bar Options
We added a thin style and support for color to the Progress Bar. Nice and flexible.
New Alert Options
We added a different style for the buttons (without a border), and added support for button color.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Fixed an error when removing overridden properties of a stretched symbol instance.
- Fixed an error when dragging symbols between libraries in some rare cases.
- In our web-based versions, we improved the UX of downloading BMPRs and assets to your computer in Chrome (they fixed their bug). This was released as version 3.3.13 on March 25th.
- Fixed an error when exporting arrows with default control properties to BMML.
- Fixed an issue with restored mockups not ending up in their previous position in some cases.
- Fixed the sorting of Quick Add to be case-insensitive.
- Fixed an issue with us ignoring tab characters in some cases. Thanks Lesani for reporting it!
- We now add the current date to the top of our log file (helps with debugging)
- Fixed an error when undoing the transformation of a group to another control type. Thanks so much Stewart M. for reporting this!
- Fixed a regression, where the ENTER key no longer entered a group or symbol instance.
- Fixed a cosmetic issue with drawing a block of text while editing a group.
- We changed the algorithm that decides to scroll content to the right when showing the right panel. It should happen less frequently now. Thanks Robson for reporting it!
- Fixed a bug with CTRL+Z not working when editing text in some cases.
- You can now copy/paste mockup and project notes without having to edit them. Thanks Stromatolyte and Liubi for requesting this!
- We made it easier to rearrange mockups by dragging thumbnails. Thanks Aras_Kannu for requesting this!
- Fixed an annoying "jump" when switching between mockups while in fullscreen. Thanks Marc P. for reporting this!
How do I update?
If you're using the Web Demo, Mockups 3 for Google Drive, Confluence Cloud or JIRA Cloud, you're already updated.
For Desktop, simply install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, today's release is build 3.3.14.
What else is going on?
- We are sponsoring MegaMaker for all of April. It's an awesome podcast about making stuff, and we're even running a contest, check it out!
- We added another channel for you to reach us: if you are a member of UX Community on Slack, you can find us in the #partner_balsamiq channel. Come and say hello! 🙂
- We wrote a little post about Staying Fresh with Good Old HTML and CSS.
- We wrote an epic post called The Balsamiq Mantras about statements and concepts we try to keep in mind every time we interact with our community, and with each other.
- My Business of Software talk from 2015 got published, you can watch the video here: Peldi's Talk About Balsamiq's Journey So Far.
- Last but not least, we announced our newest team member: Jessica Orellanes Joins Balsamiq!
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.