[Release] A Nice Little Summer Release
Hello friends of Balsamiq!
We hope you've all had a great summer and are energized for a productive autumn and winter! 🙂
Some of us took some time off, but that didn't prevent us from fixing a few bugs and adding a little new feature for you all!
Let's see what's in today's release.
New "Discard All Alternates" menu
This is especially useful to clean up when a mockup has been finalized, or after duplicating a mockup that has alternates.
Now you can discard all alternates for a mockup with a dedicated menu command:
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue with the Rename button not updating after pasting text into the Rename Mockup dialog.
- Fixed an issue with Quick Add not working in some cases after sending focus to it via the + shortcut. Thank you "usability" for reporting it!
- Fixed an issue with pasting values into the Color Picker. Thanks russ for reporting it!
- Fixed a typo in the empty symbol library welcome text. Thank you Michael T. for reporting it!
- Fixed an error when doing a Save As and using the same name as before.
- Fixed an issue when importing assets with special characters in their file names.
How do I update?
If you're using the Web Demo, Mockups 3 for Google Drive, Confluence Cloud or JIRA Cloud, you're already updated.
For Desktop, simply install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, today's release is build 3.4.5.
What else is going on?
- We hired 2 new people in Chicago! Welcome Drew Lafferty and Lizelotte Green!
- On our Life@Balsamiq Blog, we posted about Balsamiq Summer Camp: How We Planned Our 2016 Retreat.
- On our UX Blog, we posted about Volunteer Opportunities for UX Designers or Developers and about how our Docs are open source: Edit the Balsamiq Docs!
- We put the spotlight on two Balsamiq Champions: Scott Gallant on Adapting to Succeed and Jane Portman Cooks Up UI Breakfast.
- Leon wrote a very interesting guest post for UX Mastery: From the classroom to the cubicle: UX in the real world.
- We are still working feverishly on a new version of myBalsamiq which will no longer require the Flash Player. Huge project, but finally coming together!