[Release] New Little Feature in Mockups 3 for JIRA Cloud, and bug fixes!
Hello friends of Balsamiq!
As I wrote in the Looking back at 2016 post, the majority of the team is focussed on finishing up the next major version of our products.
In the meantime, we want to make sure we continue to improve the current version, to keep our existing customers productive and happy. 🙂
Here's what's in today's release.
In Mockups 3 for JIRA Cloud, we added a way to automatically export PNGs to JIRA on exit.
Thank you Bert S., Johannes B. and Daniel A. for requesting this!
- Fixed a highly requested annoying little bug: when hitting ENTER in the position and size inspector, if the selected control had text in it, the text editor would open up. It no longer does! Thanks ahobday, Danielsan and Jan for reporting it!
- Fixed an issue with mockup notes overlaying the mockup image in exported PDFs under certain conditions. Thanks FabienneB and all the others for reporting it!
- Fixed an issue with changing selection right after naming a group. Thanks rakel for reporting it!
- Fixed an issue with displaying certain PNG files.
- Fixed an issue when converting a breakline Horizontal Rule to a Vertical Rule.
- Fixed a couple of issues when changing properties of the Search control. Thanks Jason B. for reporting it!
- Fixed an issue with undoing resizing of a symbol instance. Thanks Martin K. and aribilow for reporting it!
How do I update?
If you're using the Web Demo, Mockups 3 for Google Drive, Confluence Cloud or JIRA Cloud, you're already updated.
For Desktop, simply install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, today's release is build 3.5.8.
What else is going on?
Oh boy. So much.
- We published an interview with Gret Glyer of DonorSee, an app that greatly simplifies and personalizes charitable giving.
- We published an interview with Tristram Norman about Simprints, a non profit providing Simple Fingerprint Identification for the Developing World.
- We published an interview with Nathanael Coyne on Getting UX the Respect it Deserves.
- We published an interview with Justin Witz on Standing Out in a Rapidly Growing Industry.
- We published an interview with Chris Bland on Life Before Balsamiq.
- Leon wrote a blog post for UXMastery.com on Wireframing for beginners.
- We published an article about Remote Work: What's Hard, What's Great, and How to Stay Connected and Leon was interviewed about the topic for The Surft Office's blog: Do it like Balsamiq and become a kickass remote-first company.
- We revamped how we manage raffles and wrote about it: Balsamiq Raffles: Free Tickets to Great UX Events. We have some raffles going now, check them out!
- We published an article for UX beginners titled Learning to Wireframe: a Quick Guide.
- We published an article about doing Customer Support: Finding The Human: The Customer Support Starter Pack.
- We hired two more people! Stefano Gozzi and Phil Nittenberg!
- We wrote about How Game Designers Rapidly Prototype Ideas Using Balsamiq.
- We published our yearly Looking back at 2016 recap blog post.
- I was interviewed for TheFoundation.com: How Peldi Grew Balsamiq To $7M/Year By Focusing On Product But Ignoring Marketing.
- I was interviewed for StartingAndSustaining.com: Peldi, Founder of Balsamiq.
- We updated the press list and interviews list on the site.
- We updated the UX Apprentice resource page with fresh content.
- We launched our newsletter! Join our inner circle of super-fans! 🙂
- We started using the balsam.iq domain for short URLs. Yes, I had to register it in Iraq!
- We merged our blogs into a single blog, cleaned up the categories, and changed the look of our index pages. This was long overdue, we hope you like it!
- I have started doing more customer interviews and created a sign-up page for them. I hope to speak to you soon!
- We published 5 new easy dinner recipes! Linguini and Clams-Fast!, Bricked Chicken, Inside & Out Grilled Cheese With Tomato Soup, Quick Chile, and Halloween Stuffed Peppers. Yum!
- Last but not least, we are looking to hire two more senior front-end developers. Here's the job post.
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.