[Release] Mockups 3.5! Improved Material Design Support, iPhone 7, macOS Sierra compatibility, and more!
Hello friends of Balsamiq! Another month, another exciting release!
Improved Material Design Support!
We have added some controls and properties to make it easier to create designs inspired by Material Design.
A new generic Smartphone control!
Check it out! You'll no longer have to use an iPhone or download a stencil from Mockups To Go.
Thanks to all the folks that requested this here and anyone else who has written in about this feature.
A new Circle Button control, with lots of options!
Sliders now have three thumb options, and support for color:
New iPhone 6, 7 option!
There it is!
Thanks again bcarlson and others for requesting this.
You Can Now Use Any of Your Image Assets as Icons!
That's right. You can pick any of your image assets as an icon now. Easy and powerful!
We effectively removed the "custom icons" feature. Gone are the days of having to name your assets with the "icon_" prefix!
macOS Sierra Compatible!
We had some users report that drag+drop wasn't working in macOS Sierra, which shipped yesterday. We scrambled to find a workaround, and we did!
Thanks so much to cudatron, Niket_Anand and everyone else for the early reports!
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Updated the Tree control to use FontAwesome icons.
- Fixed an issue with creating a text link to a new mockup in the Text control.
- Fixed an issue with the button icon color when the button is disabled and the background is dark.
- Fixed an issue with the order of icons returned by the icon inspector. Thanks RaeHanley for the bug report!
- Fixed an issue with hitting the Enter key after renaming a mockup also opening the text editor.
- Fixed scrolling to see the selected mockup on project open. Thanks Berthold for the request!
- Fixed an issue with markdown not getting parsed properly in the DataGrid in some cases. Thanks for reporting it Matthew!
- Fixed an issue with Flickr integration no longer working in plugins.
- Fixed an issue when using the recent "Discard all alternates" option. Thanks so much to Mike for the report!
- In our web-based versions, fixed a real-time-collaboration issue when deleting mockups with crazy characters in their name.
How do I update?
If you're using the Web Demo, Mockups 3 for Google Drive, Confluence Cloud or JIRA Cloud, you're already updated.
For Desktop, simply install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, today's release is build
3.5.1 3.5.2 3.5.3: we just released a fix for this regression and another reported by Andreas F. Oops!
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.