Another Little Bug-fix Release
Hi friends, happy new year!
While we work on a couple of BIG features (Cropping/masking for images, groups and Symbols, a new wireframing skin and Mockups for iPad), we are staying focussed on quality / bug fixes / test and back-office automation.
With that in mind, here's what's in today's release:
- All versions: Geometric shapes are now drawn programmatically, meaning that they look less sketchy but they finally stretch properly!
- All versions: Charts controls also got a similar treatment, they stretch much more nicely now.
- myBalsamiq: fixed a bug in which the editor would break if you hid and showed the UI Library again.
- myBalsamiq: in the editor, thumbnails in the project browser get updated as you edit mockups. This is a MUCH nicer user experience.
- myBalsamiq: we no longer send email notifications when a user is removed from a project.
- myBalsamiq: Added a "notify project members" checkbox in the add comment form. Thanks Pete K. for asking for it via email and to andygeek for this GS thread about it.
- myBalsamiq: fixed the "propose alternate mockup..." menu item in the single mockup page. Thanks to Dennis L. for reporting it via email.
- myBalsamiq: fixed A LOT of little bugs here and there, too small to mention.
- myBalsamiq: improved A LOT of little back-end features and processes. Invisible to you but resulting in a more stable and manageable web app for everyone.
- Mockups for FogBugz: we were sending a wrong HTTP header response. Thanks Chris K. for reporting it!
IMPORTANT: if things look wonky in the myBalsamiq editor or in the web demo version, please clear your browser cache and reload the page.
How do I update?
If you're using myBalsamiq, you're already updated. Just log back in and enjoy.
For other versions, simply install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, these are the version numbers of today's release:
- myBalsamiq: build #3717
- Mockups for Desktop: version 2.1.12
- Mockups for Confluence: version 2.1.11
- Mockups for FogBugz: version 2.1.11
- Mockups for JIRA: version 2.1.11
- Mockups for XWiki: version 2.1.11
- Web Demo: version 2.1.12 launch it
In other news, we're a few days away from hitting $10,000,000 in total Mockups sales since launch (June 19th, 2008)...WOW! Who'd have thunk it! 😉
Our newest baby myBalsamiq is also doing well, it already made around $11,000 in December. Not bad for its first full month of being public, very encouraging! 🙂
We also posted a little blog post about Our Donation Policy. Check it out, 2% of our profits go to charity each year. It's the right thing to do.
Jan 17th UPDATE: I just did a quick release today to fix this bug.