[Release] A Bit of Bug-squashing
Hello friends of Balsamiq!
Mockups 3 for Desktop is already super-solid, but we take great pride and joy in making it more and more reliable every day. Squashing software bugs is fun! 🙂
Here's what we've fixed in this release.
- Fixed an old bug with cropping a rotated image. It works now!
- Fixed an issue with migrating old Mockups for Google Drive data to the new BMPR format.
- Made "Zoom All to Fit" work reliably in more cases. Thanks Russ for reporting this!
- Fixed an operation that might have resulted in a noticeable slowdown on app launch.
- Added retry logic when copying BMPR files from our internal temporary location back to their original location, which should help when working with network drives.
- Rewrote the "Save Project As..." logic to be much safer and faster.
- Fixed an issue with real time collaboration in Safari 9.0.
- When using CTRL+Enter to transform a Label to a Text or a Text Input to a Text Area while editing them, we now resize the control to be a bit bigger, saving you a manual step. Thanks Sebastian for the good idea!
- We added some logs to help us debug edge-case saving issues that a few people are still seeing.
How do I update?
If you're using the Web Demo or Mockups for Google Drive, you're already updated.
For other versions, simply install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, today's release is build 3.2.4.
What else is going on?
- We made a new Twitter list which might be useful to our community: User Research Tools.
- One of our blog posts was picked up by Remote.co, a site for companies with remote workers: 6 Tips for Being a Better Remote Worker.
- We switched phone service provider and are now able to provide toll-free US numbers both for Technical and Sales Support. Yay!
- We are working on a few big new features...can't wait to show you! 🙂