Release: Crop Images and Groups, and lots more!
My do we have a lot of awesome stuff cooking up for you. To start, as pre-announced a couple of weeks ago, we are bringing you Image and Group Cropping / Masking today!
We have improved the feature since the pre-release, watch this little video to see how awesomely powerful this little feature has become:
The crop feature is available on all versions of Mockups.
What else is new in today's release?
- All versions: Geometric Shapes are no longer considered markup. This is a big change but we all agree it's for the best, and it might result in some of your existing mockups showing geometric shape controls when you didn't expect it. To fix it just right-click on those controls and select "Treat as Markup".
- All versions: fixed an annoying bug that prevented controls with odd-numbered dimensions from snapping properly.
- All versions: improved the Zoom-To-Fit algorithm
- All versions: you can finally have the little sorting icons on more than one Data Grid column.
- All versions: renamed the World icon to "World, Globe" for easier searching.
- All versions: we moved the "Dock Property Inspector" menu item outside of the "UI Library Position" menu.
- Mockups for Desktop: Fixed a bug when leaving full-screen with unsaved mockups.
- myBalsamiq: fixed bug when using links that had _ or & characters in them in mockup notes, project descriptions and comments.
- myBalsamiq: improved the performance of displaying the project grid on projects with many mockups.
- myBalsamiq: added a little "promotional code" feature, which will allow us to run some promotions that give you extended myBalsamiq trial periods.
- myBalsamiq: fixed a bug when exiting full-screen on Chrome on Windows
- myBalsamiq: notify project members checkbox is now correctly selected by default for new mockup comments.
- myBalsamiq: sped up project upload (more to come).
- myBalsamiq: we no longer show the "welcome to your new project" helper dialog on cloned projects.
- myBalsamiq: increased the size and throughput of our database.
- myBalsamiq: fixed some issues with displaying project asset thumbnails.
- myBalsamiq: sped up the day/night world map by an order of magnitude
- Mockups for Confluence: New handy Save and Close buttons in the top menu, like we do in myBalsamiq.
- Mockups for Confluence: Refactored a bunch of editor code. Should result in faster loading when editing a mockup.
- Mockups for Confluence: Licenses now properly take into account leap years.
- Mockups for JIRA: now correctly accepts maintenance licenses that start in the future.
- Mockups for FogBugz: fixed a bug with content-disposition on JPG attachments (only shown by Chrome)
- Mockups for FogBugz: now correctly accepts maintenance licenses that start in the future.
- Mockups for XWiki: updated some links and fixed a typo.
How do I update?
If you're using myBalsamiq, you're already updated. Just log back in and enjoy.
For other versions, simply install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, these are the version numbers of today's release:
- myBalsamiq: build #
- Mockups for Desktop: version 2.1.14
- Mockups for Confluence: version 2.1.13
- Mockups for FogBugz: version 2.1.13
- Mockups for JIRA: version 2.1.13
- Mockups for XWiki: version 2.1.13
- Web Demo: version 2.1.13 launch it
What else is going on?
Oh man, lots of exciting stuff, some of which we can't talk about quite yet. 😉
- We passed the 1,000 paying myBalsamiq customers mark, yay!
- We posted a free ebook on Mockups success stories called Balsamiq Interviews. We're getting great feedback on it, check it out!
- We got a nice little review on Forbes.com, check it out!
- We were also reviewed on Il Sole 24 Ore again, here's the link (paywall? boo!)
- Mike and I were interviewed by the awesome Jan Jursa for his IATV Radio podcast. Our interview starts at minute 16 or so.