New release: dashed and dotted lines and arrows, tri-state checkboxes and radio buttons, and more!
Hello friends! Another little release. As usual, we have a mix of bug fixes and feature enhancements.
Let's get right to it!
- All versions: Added dashed and dotted stroke options for Rulers and Arrow controls! Thank you derrickjon and others for the request!
- All versions: Added Indeterminate and Disabled Indeterminate checkboxes and radio buttons! They are available in the Checkbox, Checkbox Group, Radio Button, Radio Button Group, DataGrid and Tree controls. Thank you Besi, Baptiste Mathus, Jeroen Helijmans, GooeyGrl, Jenni Merrifield, Eric Hunzeker and Stephen Flynn for the feature requests!
- All versions: fixed issue with toolbar buttons holding on to the focus. Thank you Eric Chan reporting it!
- All versions: fixed the behaviour of CMD+left and right arrows when editing text on a mac. Thank you Ярослав Патрикеев and Breon Nagy for reporting it!
- All versions: fixed an issue with the image control showing a border when switching skin. Thank you B for reporting it!
- All versions: fixed an issue with descendents getting clipped when using System fonts. Thank you Arnaud Jaegers for reporting it!
- All versions: fixed alignment of checkboxes in Datagrid when using the Wireframe skin. Thank you Marshal Datkowitz for reporting it!
- All versions: fixed an issue with being unable to scroll to the bottom of the text editing area if the content was very long. Thank you Carol P. for reporting it!
- All versions: fixed the Video Camera icon in wireframe skin. Thank you Sam for reporting it!
- All versions: fixed an issue with some images not displaying properly in mockups with lots and lots of web images. Thank you Benjamin B. for reporting it!
- All versions: fixed a bug when changing the text alignment resulted in two undo actions.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed an issue with images not being found if they have a comma or dot in their names. Thank you hassen.shehzad and Martin Christensen for reporting it!
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed an issue with links appearing as broken if they contain an accent in the file name. Thank you Chantal for reporting it!
- Mockups for Desktop: added a digital certificate to our Windows installer. Thank you Hugh Robinson for reporting it!
- Mockups for Desktop: we now print out more info in the logs about the cfg file when one is present.
- Mockups for Desktop: made some improvements handling drag and drop of file tabs.
- myBalsamiq: Site asset download menu item fixed
- myBalsamiq: Mockup notes can be updated by anonymous user in wiki project
- myBalsamiq: New "no margins" pdf export option
- myBalsamiq: Clean download bmml url for mockups in history
- myBalsamiq: Resend confirmation email link now works again for suspended sites
- myBalsamiq: fixed an issue with "endless spinners" reported by Eric G.
- myBalsamiq: fixed an issue with email notifications not being sent on save, reported by Laurent U.
- Mockups for JIRA: we now require a new UPM, which fixes a....
- Mockups for Confluence: fixed an error when saving mockups on new pages when Confluence was running in a Windows environment. Thank you sap and michjosi for reporting it!
How do I update?
If you're using myBalsamiq, you're already updated. Just log back in and enjoy.
For other versions, simply install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, these are the version numbers of today's release:
- myBalsamiq: build #3973
- Mockups for Desktop: version 2.2.11
- Mockups for Google Drive: version 2.2.12
- Mockups for Confluence: version 2.2.8
- Mockups for FogBugz: version 2.2.8
- Mockups for JIRA: version 2.2.8
- Mockups for XWiki: version 2.2.8
- Web Demo: version 2.2.8 launch it
What else is going on?
- We hired a new developer, Andrea Serra!
- We re-did our support site home page.
- We posted a new article to the Champions blog: Michael Bourque on using Mockups to tell stories and sell your ideas
- We were featured in this cool The Anatomy of a Perfect Web Page article. We don't usually link to articles like these (you can find lots and lots at our balsamiq_sightings pinboard page), but this one was too cool to ignore. 🙂