Weekly Release: Bug Fixes and Skinnier Arrows
Hello again friends!
First of all, you should know that we've just announced our latest addition to our staff: an awesome software tester / tech support guru named Louanne!
Head over to our Life @ Balsamiq blog for the full announcement.
So in the spirit of delivering on quality, this week's release is once again focused on bug fixing.
Here's what's new and improved:
- All versions: arrow heads are skinnier now. They look so much better now don't you think?
- All versions: Fixed the resizing of controls that only stretch in one direction. Thanks to Jenny Merrifield for bringing this up!
- All versions: Fixed a bug with empty groups corrupting mockups. This was a bad bug, thanks to Tony Lucas and Faraz Qureshi for their bug reports.
- All versions: Geometric Shapes now correctly hide in full screen presentation mode if you choose to hide all markup.
- All versions: fixed a bug with empty mockups being saved with measuredW and measuredH equal to -100000000.
- All versions: exporting only the selection also resulted in measuredW and measuredH equal to -100000000 in the BMML.
- Mockups for Desktop: Broken Symbol references now show a "Symbol Cannot be Found" label. Thanks Jim Jarret for bringing this up.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed a bug with PDF export hanging when the mockups include broken images. This fixes Peter's and Tom Anders' bug report.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed a bug that had to do with reverting symbol overrides for controls that had been deleted in the symbol source.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed an issue with links not working properly in PDFs when working with symbols that had nested groups in them. Thanks "google" for the bug report!
- Mockups for Desktop: symbols that are made of empty groups now show up properly in the UI Library.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed a Windows-only bug that would result in Mockups not starting up properly if you switched focus to a different window while Mockups was starting up. Thanks to merle.corey.87 and Andi for the debugging help!
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed yet another occurrence of %20 in file names (this time if you're trying to load a file that was deleted).
- Mockups for FogBugz: you can now see the list of mockups attached to a case when you add a new one again.
- Mockups for FogBugz: now works also when you access your FogBugz installation with a different domain name (i.e. via a proxy). This takes care of this old bug report by meakshaykumar and timb.
How do I update?
Easy! Just install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, these are the version numbers of today's release:
- Mockups for Desktop: version 2.0.8 . You might hit this one-time error if you haven't updated in a long time.
- Mockups for Confluence: version 2.0.8
- Mockups for JIRA: version 2.0.9
- Mockups for XWiki: version 2.0.7
- Mockups for FogBugz: version 2.0.10
- Web Demo: version 2.0.7 launch it