Get Support via Screencast
We're trying something new with support. We want to make it easier for you to show us any problems you're experiencing via Screencast, because sometimes it's better to show what's going on than to put your question into words.
About the new service
The new service uses Screenr for Business. You may be familiar with Screenr, the web-based service that allows you to do instant screencasts via your web browser. It's the same service, but when you record a screencast, the video gets sent to us and we respond to you directly via email to answer your question or resolve your problem.
How to record a screencast
To use this new service, head to our Support page here on Balsamiq.com, and look for the "Record a Screencast" button, then follow these steps:
1. Click the Record a Screencast button and an app will load in the background. A dialog will ask you if you want to load the app. Click Allow.
2. The app loads a frame over your screen. Drag the gray "How to record" box in the center to position the frame for your screencast. You can use the handles in the corner to resize the frame. When you're ready, click the red Record button.
3. Bring your Mockups app (or myBalsamiq, or any of the plugins) to the front of your screen and position the recording to capture your problem. Click the Record button.
4. Now ask your question. If your question is related to a bug, go through the steps that are causing any problems and talk through the problem, telling us what you're trying to do. When you're finished, click the Done button.
5. Enter your name and email address, a subject, and description for your question, and click the Upload button. The video will upload. Leave the dialog open while it uploads in the background and you can return to what you were doing.
That's all. Give it a try the next time you have a question that you'd like to show us. We'll get back to you by email after we've watched the video.