Weekly Release: Lots and Lots of Bug Fixes
Marco here doing the release this week, as Peldi is in Austin for SXSWi, a.k.a. geek sleep-away-camp. 😉 I can't wait to hear his report!
And while Peldi is "working" in the US, is bug-squashing time here in Bologna. The list of fixes is pretty long, but there are also some new little features here and there.
- All versions: Property Inspectors now show correct values in some long-standing open cases (border, bold text style, Slider value, Button color, Callout transparency, selected item of List and Accordion). Thanks to everyone who reported a problem and waited so long for the fix! 🙂
- All versions: fixed an annoying problem in text selection, thanks to Gyuri J. for reporting.
- All versions: removed the little arrow icons from presentation mode (they had snuck in at some point, but shouldn't be there).
- All versions: fixed a bad bug in Radio Button Group and Checkbox Group. Thanks to Josh for reporting it!
- All versions: Text Fields now respect the font size even when they are empty.
- All versions: fixed a ugly bug in List controls which displayed the link arrows in wrong position.
- All versions: the Scroll Bar, Tab Bar and Vertical Tab Bar controls now are properly drawn even at small sizes. Thanks Gyuri J. for reporting this via email.
- Mockups for Desktop: fixed a bug with copying/pasting into the activation dialog. Thanks to mwfallace for finally giving us steps to make it happen!
- Mockups for Desktop: now the Save As panel remembers the chosen folder, after the first time is invoked. We got a number of reports for this bug, thank you all!
- Mockups for FogBugz: unlimited-user licenses work properly (finally!). Although we don't sell unlimited licenses, we give them as free licenses for Community & Open Source projects.
- Plugin versions: the special character # is no longer valid in mockup names.
- All versions: you can FINALLY drag controls past the edge to make the page grow.
- All versions: In BMML, controls are now sorted by ID and control properties are sorted alphabetically. This should make it easier to diff BMML files if you check them in.
- Mockups for Deskop: added CTRL+LEFT and CTRL+RIGHT shortcuts to switch between open tabs, in addition to the already existing CTRL+TAB and CTRL+SHIFT+TAB.
- All versions: Property Inspector are faster to create. It speeds up slightly the whole application.
- Mockups for Desktop: added a "Check for Updates" menu item. For now it simply opens a browser window pointing to our new unified download page. It's a first step towards our final design. 🙂
How do I update?
- Mockups for Desktop: here (you might hit this one-time error if you haven’t updated in a while)
- Mockups for Confluence: here
- Mockups for JIRA: here
- Mockups for XWiki: here
- Mockups for FogBugz: here (onDemand customers: this will go live for you automatically in a few days)
- Web Demo: here
Next week's release will also be all about bug fixes. The plan is to bring the app quality to a good level before we start actively developing the components feature, which is a big one and might take a few weeks.
As always, if you hit any issues with today's release let us know and we'll fix it right away.
Get the Inside Scoop!
Want to be part of the Balsamiq inner circle?
Want to know what we're up to before everyone else?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! See Past Issues.