Release: Hello Atlassian Marketplace!
My, we've been busy. Lots and lots of cool stuff cooking.
The big announcement of today is that our Mockups for Confluence and Mockups for JIRA plugins are now available on Atlassian Marketplace!
We won't blame you if you've never heard of Atlassian Marketplace yet...you see, it hasn't really officially launched yet (that will happen with great fanfare next week at Atlassian Summit). It's the new incarnation of the Atlassian Plugin Exchange, think of it as Atlassian's "App Store" for plugins and extensions.
Check out our brand new plugin pages on Marketplace for Mockups for Confluence and Mockups for JIRA, and make sure to read the Balsamiq and Atlassian Marketplace FAQ we put together to explain what this means for new and existing customers.
Oh one thing: we could use some more good reviews on the Marketplace pages! So if you use the plugins and like them, you know what to do...wink wink! 😉
What else is in this release?
- All versions: huge editor performance improvement when loading files that use many symbols from the same Symbol library.
- All versions: made it more resilient to occasional Flash Local SharedObject issues.
- myBalsamiq: fixed "images don't refresh after uploading" bug.
- myBalsamiq: fixed "attach button should be disabled until you browse in image upload dialog" bug.
- myBalsamiq: fixed "creating a Site Symbol Library would show it twice" bug.
- myBalsamiq: now properly disallowing cancelling out of save dialog (not supported yet).
- myBalsamiq: the editor now properly downloads thumbnails for mockups that have a dot in their name
- myBalsamiq: Symbols and assets now work again in Propose Alternate mockups.
- myBalsamiq: Improved stability and performance (too hard to explain the details, but we did a lot of work in this area and will do even more).
- myBalsamiq: fixed conversion of some types of PNGs.
- myBalsamiq: fixed "endless spinner" issues (this took a few days but it seems that we really nailed it now).
- myBalsamiq: fixed two issues with people having to refresh or shift+refresh to see mockup changes.
- myBalsamiq: made some major improvements in our operations scripts and metrics. The web app is getting easier and easier to manage for us and so is our ability to update without any downtime (we did a few releases already without anyone noticing, which let me tell you it's a great feeling. 🙂
- myBalsamiq: fixed an issue with email notifications not going out for mockup edits.
- Mockups for Confluence: the mockup2 macro shows the mockup preview when editing a wiki page again.
- Mockups for Google Drive: now gives a nicely formatted error (and workaround) if you try to access the app from the wrong Google account.
- Mockups for Google Drive: fixed a bug with people unable to save after working for a mockup for over an hour.
- Mockups for Google Drive: removed misleading image file upload tab. I am working on a better solution to allow image upload and import from within the editor but I am waiting on a fix from Google before I can ship my code. Hang in there!
How do I update?
If you're using myBalsamiq, you're already updated. Just log back in and enjoy.
For other versions, simply install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, these are the version numbers of today's release:
- myBalsamiq: build #3803
- Mockups for Desktop: version 2.1.17
- Mockups for Google Drive: version 2.1.14
- Mockups for Confluence: version 2.1.18
- Mockups for FogBugz: version 2.1.16
- Mockups for JIRA: version 2.1.18
- Mockups for XWiki: version 2.1.16
- Web Demo: version 2.1.16 launch it