Hello friends of Balsamiq.
The news we've all been waiting for is finally here: myBalsamiq launches today.
What is myBalsamiq?
- It's a web-based application, it runs in your browser and is accessible from any computer.
- It is designed for collaboration, both within your company and with external stakeholders.
- It is fast, secure, full-featured and affordable (plans start at $12/month).
- It is backed by a global but still small and friendly team who truly cares about your success.
- We want it to be the best way to do remote, collaborative UX design.
Here's another few things you should know about myBalsamiq:
- myBalsamiq is solid: it's been in private beta for months and we have never lost anyone's data.
- myBalsamiq is useful: we already have 224 paying customers and 149 classrooms who rely on it month after month.
- myBalsamiq is powerful: SSL security, version history, support for proposing alternative designs, automatic project mailing lists, email and Skype integration, RSS feeds, you name it.
- our company is ready: we now have both support and technical staff both in Europe and in California, ready to answer your questions whenever you may have them.
- our processes are ready: we have backups, redundancy, clustering, the goods. We can do zero-downtime updates and rollbacks with one click. We have monitors and alarms.
- even our documentation is ready: we've put a lot of thought into it, take a look!
That said, myBalsamiq is officially born today, so it's still a little baby. There are some rough edges and some features are clearly missing (here's our myBalsamiq roadmap).
But you know what? Fixing bugs and adding features with your input is what we do best, what we love to do day after day! 🙂
Get on board, and together we can make myBalsamiq the most useful online UX tool in your company's arsenal, one weekly release at the time. It will be fun! 🙂
Alright, here's a few links for you:
- myBalsamiq product page
- Plans and Pricing page
- Direct sign up link
- Free myBalsamiq programs for classroom use, non-profits and big open-source projects
- Our Forums for bug reports and feature requests
This has been a MAJOR effort for the whole Balsamiq team, above all Luis, Louanne, Mike, Marco and Paolo. We've learned a lot in the process, and are excited to learn a lot more.
If you like what you see, please come back here and help me congratulate - and thank! - the team for making this new phase of our
company community a reality.
P.S.Happy World Usability Day!