[Release] myBalsamiq Annual Plans!
Hello friends of Balsamiq!
In December we released a new version of myBalsamiq that offers annual plans and billing improvements. You may not have noticed it while creating mockups over the past month, but we hope December's release will make your financial departments swoon!
Our old subscription service provider served us well, but it has some limitations. So we built a custom integration with Stripe which has been working well in Mockups 3 for Google Drive since May 2015.
We are excited to finally be able to offer you some billing features in myBalsamiq that you've been requesting for years.
Here are just a few:
- Annual billing! Annual billing! Annual billing! We've added a discounted price to pay for 1 year of myBalsamiq upfront, rather than a month at a time. This will save your accounting team from having to track down the invoice every month for your credit card statement.
- An actual invoice: Previously our "invoices" were more like receipts, which are not accepted easily in some countries. They now have more product information, an invoice number, and other common details required by accounting standards in some parts of the world.
- Easily editable invoice fields: You no longer need to re-enter your credit card to make simple changes to your address on your invoices!
- More invoice fields: We know many countries require invoices have your Company Name and Tax ID, and now we no longer have to suggest awkward work arounds for adding this information. You'll have dedicated, easily editable fields to update this information.
- Downloading your invoice to PDF: Just a simple click on a button and it's done!
- Better billing notifications: We were restricted previously on the type of notifications we could send, and how we could personalize it for your subscription. We hope the new automated emails better communicate your billing details, as well as changes to your subscription or problems with your renewal payment.
How Do I Get Access to These New Features?
If you are still in the 30 day trial, simply sign up! You'll have access to everything immediately.
If you already have a myBalsamiq subscription, because of how credit card authorization works, we can't automatically switch you to the new system. All you'll need to do is make a change of some kind to your subscription, such as updating your credit card or upgrading to an annual plan.
All changes that migrate you from the old system to the new system will require you to re-enter your credit card, but after that you'll have access to the new billing features.
You'll of course receive credit for any time remaining on the old system, and any unused site credit you have will also transfer.
My Financial Team Is Having Trouble Getting the Invoices?
One temporary issue before switching to the new system is you may have previously been sending invoices to someone in your company who was not a member of your myBalsamiq Staff. The new system requires invoices to be sent to either the site owner or the secondary billing administrator.
So the easiest thing to do, is to first set up your finance team member as your official secondary billing administrator. Here is how.
After that, they'll be able to directly make changes to your plan, and update or retrieve invoices.
If you have any questions or problems, please let us know!
We Also Did a Little Bug-Fix Mockups for Desktop Release Today
Here's what we fixed:
- Fixed an issue with importing ZIP files with a single folder of BMMLs in them.
- Fixed an annoying "window jumps around as you drag it" bug in OS X El Capitan!
- Fixed this issue with the Icon and Label control.
- Fixed an issue with assets getting duplicated when dragging them from one project to another in some cases.
- We improved how we draw arrow points so that they scale better when zoomed in.
For posterity, today's release is build 3.3.6.
Simply install it from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂