I want to write a "launch post-mortem" entry tomorrow, but for now I wanted to encourage you to go download the new release of Mockups, as there are some pretty cool enhancements and bug fixes all around:
- UI controls now end up where you drop them (again, this was an injection)
- "Text Paragraph" became "Paragraph of text" and "Text Label / String" became "Label / String of Text", for better Quick Add behaviour
- Checkmark for "Show UI Library" works properly again
- Undo/Redo menus tell you the name of the action again
- Hitting Return after selecting all the text or dropping a control on the stage no longer deletes all the text. The previous text is now used instead (i.e. it's like hitting the escape key now)
- Icons are black by default (not that weird blu-green-ish color)
- Mockups for Desktop: I now trap a click on the "x" and prompt for save if necessary
- All versions: The "selected" overlay is a little darker, no longer blends with the gray so much
- All versions: added background color to DataGrid control
- All versions: added background color to Tree control
- All versions: removed modal overlay from text editing mode, it wasn't needed and it made for flickering screens
- Removed the "welcome to Balsamiq Mockups" starter-mockup from every version other than the demo on the web.
- Mockups for Desktop: now using native menus!!!
- Mockups for Desktop: all keyboard shortcuts work now and are OS-dependent (apple key on the mac and CTRL key on win).
Web Site Enhancements
- cleaned up the audio of the demo video on the Mockups home page to remove lip-smacking and other mouth sounds. Also republished at higher res.
- added secondary navigation for the Mockups pages right under the breadcrumbs. Hopefully this will help some
- fixed a typo and the "wonky-ness" reported in IE6 (I think. Let me know if it's still wonky)
So what are you waiting for? Head over to the Mockups home page and try it, download it or buy it! 🙂