New Release: Partial PNG Export and more!
Hello friends! We're back from our retreat and excited to be back at work.
Today's release is a fairly small one, but it introduces a little feature that has been on our list for a long time.
So without further ado, we give you...
New feature: Partial Export to PNG
Starting with this Mockups for Desktop release, if you have something selected when you go and choose "Export Mockup to PNG" you will see the following dialog pop up:
Select what you want to export and voila', your PNG will only contain what you wanted.
This is very similar to the "Export Mockup to XML" feature we've had for a while, and it will be very handy for when you only want to export a subset of your mockup at the time (when you're developing a mobile application with multiple screens on the same bmml file for instance).
New feature: copy image to clipboard on Copy
Enabled by the feature above, we now place a bitmap representation of the data you copied into the clipboard as well as the BMML source data. This makes it much quicker to work between Mockups and other graphic software: select what you want to export, copy, switch to the other software and paste! If you see text instead of the image, you might have to use "Paste Special" instead. Still, quicker than exporting to file and importing the file!
Other enhancements and bug fixes
- All versions: we now automatically delete empty groups when you exit them.
- All versions: fixed a bug with the text property inspector not showing bold as the default. Thanks to Andreas Weber, Tom Simpson and Jan.mysior for reporting it here, and to B for reporting it here.
- All versions: split up position and size property inspector editors in two. Thanks Nadeem Bakhsh and Dave for the feature request.
- All versions: you can now use commas, spaces and x's in both position and size text inputs, we'll understand them all.
- Mockups for Desktop: cloned mockups now properly show the project assets (from the source mockup). Thanks to Chris Velevitch for the idea. It also fixes the last bit of this bug reported by Bruno and Besi.
- Mockups for Desktop: cloned mockups are now marked as dirty right away.
- Mockups for Desktop: changed the program icon at small sizes (29x29 and 32x32) to be just the smiley face, which is more recognizable.
- Mockups for Confluence: fixed an injection which broke the ability to create new links between mockups.
- Mockups for FogBugz: fixed errors 2032 when editing mockups (sorry about this, it was an injection from the last build).
- Mockups for JIRA: we now accept license keys containing special accented characters (like ø for instance).
How do I update?
Easy! Just install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, these are the version numbers of today's release:
- Mockups for Desktop: version 2.0.22
- Mockups for Confluence: version 2.0.22
- Mockups for FogBugz: version 2.0.23
- Mockups for JIRA: version 2.0.22
- Mockups for XWiki: version 2.0.20
- Web Demo: version 2.0.19 launch it
What else is going on?
We're pushing with all our strength towards a myBalsamiq release. The last feature before we can release is clustering so that we can handle the load on launch, and Luis is making great progress on it.
Other than that, we have made a bunch of great TODO lists while on retreat, so now we have our work planned out for the next few months, all we have to do is execute. 🙂
Check out some photos of the retreat on this facebook album!