[Release] A nice Little Bug Fix Release
Hello friends of Balsamiq!
Our latest release had some exciting new stuff in it, so now it's time to do a little "let the dust settle" release to fix some bugs here and there.
We were able to squeeze a little new feature in there though, check it out! 🙂
Resizeable Alternates Panel!
We're very happy to see the Alternates feature being used so much. Many of you asked for a taller Alternates panel in the Info Panel, so we made it resizeable in this release! Just drag it up, and Mockups will remember the size for that project.
Thanks to Jerome R., Vivek, Chris, Léo, and Lisu for requesting this feature! 🙂
Bug Fixes and Other Improvements
- Darkened the text and icon color in wireframe skin from #555555 to #333333, as #555555 was too light. Thanks to ctoryu and others for bringing it up!
- Fixed an issue with the automatic text color in the Comment control in wireframe skin. Thanks Chris_Gatland for bringing it up!
- Made it so that hitting CTRL+ENTER while editing a Text Input control converts it into a Text Area control.
- Fixed a regression that stripped white spaces from the beginning of mockup names in the rename dialog. Thanks sgiroux for noticing!
- Updated the documentation links to go to our brand new documentation website.
- Fixed an issue with the list of possible control types to swap to not having a scrollbar in some cases.
- Fixed an issue with the View menu not properly showing what the user is working on (Mockups, Assets, etc.).
- Fixed an issue with selecting an iPhone Keyboard control generating an error in some cases.
- Fixed an issue when hitting CTRL+ENTER while editing a label with some other control selected resulting in an error.
- Fixed an old issue with cropping rotated images.
- Fixed an issue with the Link and Selection color pickers not updating in a real-time-collaboration environment.
- Fixed an issue with closing a project while it's opening resulting in an error.
- Fixed an issue with export to PNG failing on El Capitan in some cases.
How do I update?
If you're using the Web Demo or Mockups for Google Drive, you're already updated.
For other versions, simply install from our download page on top of your current installation. You won't have to re-register.
As always, if you hit any snags with the new build let us know immediately and we'll fix it right up! 🙂
For posterity, today's release is build 3.2.3.
What else is going on?
- We announced our 3 new hires! Brendan, Virgin and Stefano now bring us to a team of 20 people. Amazing! 🙂
- We shared another one of our company policies: Time Off to Exercise.
- We shipped French and Swedish translations for UX Apprentice. Thanks to our volunteers!
- We moved our Docs to their own, snazzy new site! Check it out at https://docs.balsamiq.com/. We also greatly improved the search function of our websites, try it out! We're going to blog about it all soon.