"Back from Summer Vacation" Release
Hi there, long time no see! 🙂
The reason we haven't done a weekly release since last month is that, in typical european fashion, both Marco, Mariah and I went on vacation for the first three weeks of August!
It was only a half-vacation for me as I worked for a couple of hours every day, but I definitely unplugged and feel recharged for what is looking like a very "hot" fall, full of releases and announcements.
HUGE props go to Valerie for keeping things running smoothly while we were out, it was a bit of a trial-by-fire but she totally rocked it like the pro she is. 🙂
Ok, on to the release. Here's what's new this week:
- we finally fixed the very annoying "pasted items are not always in the visible area" bug. Thanks so much to Dan Warne for his very convincing plea about it.
- we added a bit more detail to the "unlock" right-click menu to help you figure out which control you're unlocking. The menu item will now show you the beginning of the control's text or its color, if available:
Thanks to Regis for helping me think about this one.
- Enrico from Napkee noticed that our "Down Left Arrow" and "Up Right Arrow" icons were switched around. It's now fixed.
- you can now follow links while editing! Just ALT+Click on the little link icon and the linked file will open for your editing pleasure. Many thanks to Rolf, Lucio Assis, Michael Bourque and Jeff Godfrey for the help designing and debugging this useful new little feature.
- got rid of the floating little linking icons that lingered around sometimes. Thanks to David for reporting it!
- Mockups for Desktop now remembers its window state (normal or maximized) across sessions, and the application window no longer gets shorter every time you launch it on Windows. Thanks so much to Leon Barnard and Norman Hills for the help debugging the issue.
- Mockups for Confluence: installing the plugin from the Plugin Repository works again
- Mockups for FogBugz: we no longer require .NET 3.5 (2.0 will do fine, that's what FogBugz requires)
- Mockups for FogBugz: the "Add UI Mockup" link now says "Add/Edit UI Mockup" if the case already has a mockup on it:
- the app no longer freezes if you try to export an empty mockup
- Mockups for XWiki: some users were seeing a "your license has expired" 30 days after installing a commercial license. Clearly, it was a bug. We fixed it.
That's it. Not a big release, but hey, we're moving forward again! 😉
How do I update?
- Mockups for Desktop: here (you might hit this one-time error if you haven’t updated in a while)
- Mockups for Confluence: here
- Mockups for JIRA: here
- Mockups for XWiki: here
- Mockups for FogBugz: here
- Web Demo: here
Next week we'll be focusing on finishing up Mockups for FogBugz and we'll be opening up the web app's beta to a few more participants: lots and lots of people are interested in it and I'm itching to get it done as well.