Text Formatting, Flickr Integration and More!
Hi all. Today's free weekly update to Balsamiq Mockups is a big one:
- added support for rich text editing with the _italic_, [link] and *bold* characters. Full details on this blog post.
- I reworked and finally switched on Flickr integration! You can now load images from your Flickr account or search Flickr for 'that perfect picture'. Just switch to the Flickr tab in the Import Image dialog:
Please respect the authors' copyrights at all times, you'll see the licensing for each photo as you preview it, and you'll be able to go to the image's Flickr page via the "see original" link:
You can also add a special 'cc-only' tag to your search to filter out "All Rights Reserved" photos and only get Creative Commons licensed results.
- small but handy change: Paste (CTRL+V) now puts controls 20 pixels to the right and 20 down from the original, instead of 10. Why is this handy? Because a SHIFT+arrow key 'power-nudge' also moves the selection 20 pixels, so if you want to line up the pasted controls with the original, just make your CTRL+V be followed by a SHIFT+left arrow. Handy! 🙂
- I seem to have improved things a bit for the elusive "UI library and background keep reappearing" bug.
- Though most unglamorous and painful, I spent most of my time this week fighting against the remaining and elusive "save as" bug which plagued a couple of you. With the help of some extremely patient and collaborative customers it appears I finally squashed it all, but this was a resilient little bugger so you never know...fingers crossed. Thanks Rajan, Terry and Deborah!
So, without further ado, let's install the new build!
- Mockups for Desktop: here
- Mockups for Confluence: here
- Mockups for JIRA: here
- Mockups for XWiki: here
- Web Demo: here