Weekly Release: Lots of Little Things
Hi there. This week's release brings about a bunch of bug fixes and little improvements here and there. I still have lots to do so I'm releasing this one a day early just to get it out of the way. 🙂
Here's the full list, in no particular order:
- made the Tag Cloud control more compact and a bit smaller
- added text styling support (bold, italic, underline and size) to the following UI Controls: Vertical Tabs, Tooltip, both Tab Bars, Button Bar, ComboBox and of course Button
- added an "XS" size for icons (16x16 pixels)
- fixed a bug with CTRL+Enter re-opening the text editor
- You can now cut controls or text with SHIFT+DELETE as well as CTRL+X
- The Tooltip control was renamed to "Tooltip / Balloon" and you can now specify which way the pointy tip should go:
- Buttons, Checkboxes, Radio Buttons, Round Buttons and ComboBoxes now resize nicely even if they contain big icons
- fixed a bug with images being saved with absolute paths in BMML files instead of relative paths (had to do with paths with spaces in them)
- renamed "Clone Mockup" to "Clone As New Mockup" in the right-click menu
- fixed a bug with the vertical positioning of text in the Vertical Curly Brace control
- fixed a bug with very large mockups not exporting to PNG sometimes
- added a second row of text to the Browser Window control (use to show the URL. Bonus feature: type anything that starts with www and Mockups will pre-pend http:// for you automagically)
- Hitting Enter when selecting an icon via the Icon Inspector no longer opens the editing input field as well
- fixed a very strange bug with pasting menus...as a nice side effect this fix might actually result in a snappier app overall!
- Mockups for Confluence: fixed a long-standing bug with viewing old mockups when looking at a page's history (this was a big one!)
How do I upgrade?
It depends on your version, but in general you simply install the new build on top of the current one. Here’s how to get the builds:
- Mockups for Desktop: here
- Mockups for Confluence: here
- Mockups for JIRA: here
- Mockups for XWiki: here
- Web Demo: here
Plans for Next Week
I still have some bugs I'm fighting with, like the occasional inability to save on linux or the misteriously reappearing UI Library.
Mariah also graciously drew 7 pages full of new icons and iPhone-specific UI controls (below), so I hope to be able to integrate some of it in next week's update.
Lots to do, so I'd better get back to it! 🙂