3.1 The Dangers of Persuasion
Whether we are aware of it or not, we have all encountered dark patterns. They are user interface elements that have been carefully crafted to trick users into doing things they might not otherwise do, like adding insurance to an order or signing up for reoccurring billing. Learn about the cost of dark patterns.
- Dark Patterns
- "Do You Have Too Many Facebook Friends?"
- "My Dell hell"
- "Promoted tweet used to complain about British Airways"
- Dark Patterns Hall of Shame
- "How Uber Uses Psychological Tricks to Push Its Drivers’ Buttons"
- "Facebook reveals news feed experiment to control emotions"
- Negativity bias
- "The Average Contact Centre Cost Per Call is £3.50"
- "How to Fix the Devastating Impact of Cognitive Load on Your Site"
- "How to Create Compellingly Simple Websites"
- "How to Overcome Analysis Paralysis in Web Design"
- "How to Build a User-Centric Information Architecture Without Endless Debate"
- Unit 3: Persuasive Design
- 3.2 Positioning Your Offering in a Positive Light