Balsamiq and Atlassian Marketplace FAQ
What Is Atlassian Marketplace?
Atlassian Marketplace is Atlassian's app store for apps and extensions. Marketplace is the preferred way to purchase apps and extensions. You buy from Atlassian directly, and Atlassian shares the revenue with the maker of the app.
Learn more about Atlassian Marketplace here.
Are Balsamiq Apps Available on Atlassian Marketplace?
Yes. Direct links below:
- Wireframes for Confluence Cloud
- Wireframes for Confluence Server
- Wireframes for Jira Cloud
- Wireframes for Jira Server
Who Should I Buy the App From?
Altassian Server users, on the other had, have the option to either buy from Marketplace or from us directly. If you choose to purchase directly from Balsamiq, you can do so right on our website:
While pricing and maintenance terms are very similar, each option has its pros and cons.
If for some reason our apps or their licensing and pricing don't match your team's needs, you could choose to use one our other products. While using Balsamiq outside of the Atlassian ecosystem may not be ideal, you can always upload a wireframe in PNG form on your Jira tickets and Confluence wiki pages.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Buying My Server App License from Atlassian Marketplace?
- Buying from Atlassian Marketplace means only dealing with Atlassian instead of having to deal with two separate vendors.
- You will buy from Atlassian, with the same terms and purchasing system you've already used to buy Confluence or Jira.
- You can synchronize your Balsamiq renewal dates with your other licenses.
- Purchase more than one year of maintenance at a time.
- At the moment, if you purchase from Balsamiq, your Confluence or Jira license tier doesn't have to match the license tier of our apps (i.e. you can install a 10-editor Wireframes for Confluence license on a 100-user Confluence installation). This level of freedom is not available on Marketplace, at least at the moment. If you'd like this to be added to Marketplace, tell Atlassian!
What Are the Pros and Cons of Buying My Server App License from Balsamiq?
- At the moment, if you purchase from Balsamiq, your Confluence or Jira license tier doesn't have to match the license tier of our apps (i.e. you can register a 10-editor Wireframes for Confluence license on a 100-user Confluence installation).
- We are another vendor to deal with.
- We have our own purchasing system.
- You get separate bills, on separate schedules with no co-terming.
- You can only purchase 12 months of maintenance at a time.
I'm an Existing Server App Customer, Can I Move to Marketplace?
Yes! If you are using Wireframes for Confluence Server or Wireframes for Jira Server on your own server, and you have a matching license, or are willing to upgrade your Balsamiq license to match your server levels, then you can migrate your Balsamiq-issued license to Atlassian Marketplace. Details are here.
How Do I Enter My Marketplace or Balsamiq App License Now?
Please refer to the Admin guides below: