How Are Users Counted in Balsamiq Licenses? Are They Named or Concurrent Users?
Balsamiq licenses are based on assigned (named) users. We do not offer concurrent (floating) licensing.
An assigned user is any individual with the permission to create and edit wireframes using the application.
Additional users can be added at any time by upgrading your license.
- Balsamiq for Desktop:
- Licenses are tied to assigned users, not particular machines. Each assigned user can install it on any machine they use regularly.
- Volume licenses are valid for the number of assigned users stated on the invoice/receipt.
- You can transfer a Balsamiq for Desktop license from one user to another following these instructions.
- Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive:
- Subscriptions are tied to a single Google account / email address.
- Wireframes for Confluence Cloud and Wireframes for Jira Cloud:
- Just like for most Atlassian Cloud add-ons, every user in your Confluence or Jira Cloud instance is counted as a app user.
- Wireframes for Confluence Server and Wireframes for Jira Server:
- In these apps we call users "editors."
- Licenses purchased directly from Balsamiq do not need to match your Confluence Server or Jira Server user levels (you can, for example, register a 10-editor Wireframes for Confluence Server license on a 500-user Confluence installation).
- Each Wireframes for Confluence Server or Wireframes for Jira Server license is for one Confluence or Jira server instance. You will need to purchase a separate license for each Confluence or Jira server instance where users want to create and edit wireframes. However, the same license can be used in both a production and staging environment.
- Only assigned, licensed editors can create and edit wireframes, but all users in your Confluence or Jira server instance will be able to view wireframes for free.
- An assigned editor is counted towards the editor limit, whether logged in to the application or not.
- Instructions on how to select app editors are here: Wireframes for Confluence Server and Wireframes for Jira Server.