- Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive Overview
- Installing Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive
- Balsamiq Wireframes Integration With Google Workspace Apps
- Working with Files in Google Drive
- Editor Overview
- Adding and Arranging UI Controls
- Editing UI Controls
- Sharing and Reviewing
- Collaborative Editing
- Using Images, Assets, and Icons
- Linking Wireframes Together
- Full Screen Presentation Mode
- Keeping Projects Clean and Organized
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Troubleshooting 'ReferenceError: gapi is not defined' Error
- Troubleshooting 'Maximum Number of Pinned Revisions Exceeded' Error
- Troubleshooting Sharing Error in Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive
- Sharing a Balsamiq Project From Google Drive
- Enabling Third Party Cookies
Troubleshooting Sharing Error in Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive
If you're using Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive and see an error when trying to share your project, this FAQ should help resolve the issue.
This problem typically occurs only when sharing directly from within the editor, by using the dedicated icon in the toolbar:
In order to access the sharing dialog from within the editor, third party cookies need to be enabled. Alternatively, you can also share a Balsamiq project directly from Google Drive, which might be an easier solution.
Sharing a Balsamiq Project From Google Drive
If you would prefer to not modify your cookie settings, you can share your project just like any other document in Google Drive. To share your Balsamiq project, select the BMPR file and click the share button in the Google Drive toolbar (or right-click on the file > Share).
Enabling Third Party Cookies
Enabling third party cookies should solve the issue and allow you to share your projects from within the Balsamiq editor.
Let's have a look at the related option, depending on the browser that you're using.
In Google Chrome, you can enable third party cookies directly from the Search Bar by clicking the related icon and clicking on "Site not working?".
You can also change it from "Settings > Privacy and Security > Cookies and other site data".
In Safari, you can enable third party cookies by unchecking the "Prevent cross-site tracking" option from "Preferences > Privacy > Website tracking".
In Firefox, you can enable third party cookies directly from the Search Bar, by clicking the Security icon and disabling the "Enhanced Tracking Protection" option, as demonstrated in the screenshot below.
In Microsoft Edge, you can enable third party cookies for a specific site by adding it to the Exceptions list located in "Settings > Privacy, search and services > Tracking prevention".
If neither approach works, there may be a more general issue with Google Drive sharing so don't hesitate to contact us about it and we'll do our best to help.