myBalsamiq > myBalsamiq Frequently Asked Questions > How to Consolidate Email Accounts in myBalsamiq
How to Consolidate Email Accounts in myBalsamiq
Do you have two email addresses, each associated with a myBalsamiq site? Do you want to consolidate your myBalsamiq credentials and only use a single email address? This guide is for you.
Say your email address email@example.com_ is associated with a site we'll call Old, and your new email address (firstname.lastname@example.org_) is associated with a site we'll call New.
If You Are a Site Owner of Both Sites
To transfer ownership of Old to email@example.com, do the following:
- Log on to Old as firstname.lastname@example.org and invite email@example.com as a Staff member
- Using a different browser (for convenience), accept the invitation.
- Now back on firstname.lastname@example.org, make email@example.com the site owner, and log out.
- In the other browser, go to the Settings / Staff page and remove firstname.lastname@example.org from the site.
- Done! Now email@example.com will be the owner of both sites.
If You Are Not a Site Owner
First of all, ask the site owner of each myBalsamiq site you're a Staff member of to invite firstname.lastname@example.org as a staff member and to remove email@example.com staff member.
For projects, do this: log on as firstname.lastname@example.org and do the following for each myBalsamiq site you have access to:
- Visit the Settings / Projects page.
- For each project, ask the project owner (you'll see their name on the list) to invite email@example.com to the project and to remove firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accept any invitations from email@example.com.