Working at Balsamiq
We're not your typical software company.
We are people-focused and highly collaborative, debt-free, profitable, remote-first, generous, and prioritize longevity over growth.
We hire rarely, and mostly in Italy, France, Germany, Illinois, and California.No Current Openings
Why Does Balsamiq Exist?
Since we started in 2008, our goal is to help people create software and websites that are easier to use.
Balsamiq Is Not For Everyone.
Let's start with the bad stuff, it might save you some time.
Here are some of our unique challenges:
- We primarily hire people only in Italy, France, Germany, Illinois, and California.
- We are optimized for working from home. It gets lonely, you have to self-motivate, self-manage, and can't rely on coworkers for your social life.
- We're still a relatively small company and want to grow as slowly as possible. There are limited career paths here.
- We're not very fast. We take our time to do things right, in a low-stress way.
- We're not very ambitious. We're happy with solving a small problem well, and that's it.
- As we grow, our processes and policies are constantly in flux. It's not easy to stay this flexible.
- We're not data-driven. We choose conversations over conversions.
What We Do Offer
- Competitive localized salaries and benefits.
- Quarterly profit-sharing bonuses.
- Minimum vacation policy of at least 20 days a year plus localized holidays.
- Flexible working hours (which is NOT a code word for working overtime).
- Option to use some work hours for exercise, professional development, and volunteering.
- Home office equipment and Internet reimbursements.
- Personal budgets for professional development, co-working spaces, office supplies, and get-togethers with colleagues.
- A highly collaborative, non-competitive, inclusive, and supportive work environment.
- Respect and support for maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Our Hiring Process
We are a small company, so we hire rarely. Maybe only once or twice a year.
We want to make sure our team is well taken care of — including having access to full benefit protections. For this reason we almost exclusively hire employees, not contractors, and require employees to be legally able to work in the state or country of their primary residence.
Here are some of the basics elements of our hiring process you should expect:
- We give first consideration to individuals in the desired location.
- While we never rush, we respect your time, and try to make the process as efficient as possible.
- It is our goal to keep you informed of the status of your application. We may not always be able to do this right away, but we’ll let you know one way or the other.
- We value diversity on our team, so our decisions will be based on a variety of factors:
- Quality and content of the application.
- Previous work experience.
- Written responses to follow up questions.
- One or more video interviews with members of our team.
- One or two short projects.
- In some cases, we may include a small paid contract project before making a hiring decision.
Current Job Openings
😢 We don't have any open positions right now. 😢
If you'd like to be notified about future job openings, leave us your info! You'll be the first to know when new positions opens up.
In the meantime... let's make friends!
There are lots of ways to become a friend of Balsamiq. You could join our user forums, subscribe to our newsletter, follow our company news, join our Slack community or our Research Program, sign up for an office hours session, or even just follow us on Twitter! We're looking forward to getting to know you!