How We Help Nonprofits
We want to help you help others!
- Do you work or volunteer at a nonprofit that needs UI Design help for a new website or initiative? OR...
- Are you a UX Professional looking to volunteer your time and service to a nonprofit?
Either way, you've come to the right place. We love nonprofits and want to support them as much as we can. Here are a few ways we do so.
Free Balsamiq Software for Nonprofits!
We are proud to donate our software to the following organizations
Cancer Research UK
Climate Change Central
General Fisheries Commission
Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada
Homes in Rwanda
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
IOM - International Organization for Migration
The National Trust
Museum of the African Diaspora
Rady Children's Hospital
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
The Indiana Foster Care Adoption Association
United States Institute of Peace
Douglas County School District, Colorado
Feed the Need
Forest Communication Service of FAO
And lots and lots more. Apply on our Software Donation program page.
Live Wireframing Session with a Balsamiq Expert
We want to support nonprofits who are trying to make the world a better place. To further our goal, we'd like to offer our help wireframing your website or product.
Our in-house UX experts are available to collaborate with you on the design of your product for a one-hour online wireframing session. This session will be recorded and published for educational purposes so others can learn wireframing. Watch the recordings here.
To take advantage of this resource, apply to our Free Program and make sure to check the box "I'd like help wireframing my website or product." If you're already part of our Free Program as a nonprofit, you can apply by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're a small company with only several experts and a limited number of slots available every week. Please only apply for a design session if you cannot afford to hire an expert.
Tech Volunteering Opportunities
- Catchafire - Matches professionals to mission driven organizations in need.
- Code for America - Organizes and builds open source software to improve government services using volunteers. One page provides specific issues that can be worked on.
- Geeklist Hack4Good - Organizes hackathons to build solutions to humanity's greatest problems.
- Hackathon for Social Good - Organizes hackathons to build web and mobile applications for nonprofits.
- npower - A skills-based volunteering program that matches technology professionals with schools and nonprofits. Organizations request volunteers and the Community Corps lets volunteers search for specific opportunities related to skill. Mostly technical, but there are some categories like website review, which would be relevant for people who do usability evaluations.
- Volunteer Match - Volunteering site that let's volunteers search for opportunities by cause and locale. Doesn't provide any match of ability to need.
- Humanity Project - Humanity Project is a space for businesses, organizations and individuals to raise funds for their mission.
We hope these help.
If you know of any other resource that would be helpful to include in this list, please email us at email@example.com!