Balsamiq Press Info
Balsamiq In The News #
Here are a few selected press mentions of Balsamiq. Head to the balsamiq_press Pinboard tag page for thousands more.
- Process Tutorial Series: Explorr — Part One (User Persona & Wireframes) - Prototypr, 3 Oct. 2017
- Software Hustle for Entrepreneurs: Make Your Programming Inexperience a Non-Issue - InMotion Albums, 21 Sep. 2017
- 6 Cloud-Based Tools That End Digital Disorganization - Inc., 15 Sep. 2017
- 13 ways to create a prototype on a limited budget - The Next Web, 15 Sep. 2017
- The 7 best wireframing and prototyping tools for app makers - InfoWorld, 7 Jun. 2017
- When & how I use Balsamiq - Gregory Wolanski, 16 May 2017
- Best Software for Product Design Teams | 2017 - G2 Crowd, 20 Jan. 2017
- Affordable desktop wireframing apps (under $99) - NU Creative, 9 Sep. 2016
- Thank You Balsamiq - GoGatz, 21 Jul. 2016
- 6 Prototyping Tools For Any UX Designer - UsabilityGeek, 6 Jul. 2016
- 15 Tech Tools Startups Can't Do Without in 2016 - Entrepreneur India, 9 May 2016
- Best Wireframe Tools To Make Your Design A Success - Think360, 30 Mar. 2016
- Review of Balsamiq Wireframing Software - ArcStone, Jan. 2016
- Don’t Build It, Fake It First – Prototyping for Mobile Apps - Interaction Design Foundation, 29 Dec. 2015
- Save $$$ on Your App Development Through Balsamiq Mockups, a Pretty Good Wireframing Tool - Space-O Digicom, 21 Dec. 2015
- The 14 Best Tools For Evaluating User Experience on Your Website - Digital Telepathy, 7 Apr. 2015
- Wireframing: How to Choose the Right Program - Designation, 2 Jul. 2015
- The Best Mockup Tool - OrgaZone, 20 May 2015
- Balsamiq Mockups 3 - Product Hunt, Jan. 2015
- 30 Terrific Tools for Small Businesses - Forbes, 28 May 2013
- 10 Tools for Creating Infographics and Visualizations - Moz, 6 Feb. 2013
- Build a Project Mockup Using Balsamiq - SitePoint, 7 Jan. 2013
- 25+ of the best wireframing and prototyping tools, ever - Memeburn, 25 Sep. 2012
- 9 Excellent Tools for Design Mockups - Mashable, 7 Jun. 2012
- The Ins and Outs of Incubators and Apps - The Wall Street Journal, 21 May 2012
- 7 Free or Low Cost Tools to Improve Landing Page Conversion Rates - Search Engine Watch, 29 Feb. 2012
- Balsamiq Mockups for Desktop review - TechAdvisor, 29 Feb. 2012
- Italy's Balsamiq Pours Up New Wireframing Tools - Forbes, 12 Feb. 2012
- How to build your startup without learning code - VentureBeat, 30 Jan. 2012
- Business Intelligence Clarity - SmartDataCollective, 19 Dec. 2011
- Wireframe tools: the top 10 solutions - Creative Bloq, 31 Mar. 2011
- If you build it, they won’t come (unless…) - VentureBeat, 27 Oct. 2010
- Lo-Fi Design Is Conquering the World of Tech - FastCompany, 10 Jun. 2010
- 12 Free Or Cheap Web Apps Your Startup Needs Now - Business Insider, 31 Mar. 2010
- 10 Excellent Tools for Creating Web Design Wireframes - Web Design Ledger, 30 Mar. 2010
- 50 Free UI and Web Design Wireframing Kits, Resources and Source Files - Smashing Magazine, 5 Feb. 2010
- The new generation of kick-ass web apps - TechRadar, 29 Nov. 2009
- You’re a little company, now act like one - A Smart Bear, 31 Aug. 2009
- Sneak Peek: 50 Most Usable RIAs - Designing Web Interfaces, 31 Aug. 2009
- The 7 wonders of wireframes - Boag World, 25 Jun. 2009
- Wireframing with Balsamiq Mockups - SitePoint, 21 May 2009
- A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words: Cool Tool for Screen Layout Mockups - Network World, 5 Feb. 2009
- 30+ Great Adobe AIR Apps for Designers and Developers - Mashable, 26 Dec. 2008
- Man Writes Software, Blogs About it, Makes $100k in 5 Months - The New York Times, 14 Nov. 2008
- Balsamiq Mockups: Deliberately Not Slick - GigaOm, 31 Oct. 2008
- 10 Inspirational “How I Did It” Stories - SitePoint, 24 Oct. 2008
- Balsamiq, a Mockup Creator in AIR, is on Fire - ReadWrite, 30 Sep. 2008
- Balsamiq Mockups Makes Big Impression on Hacker Community - TheNextWeb, 7 Aug. 2008
We have a few videos that demonstrate our products on a YouTube playlist called Product Introductions.
Talking Points #
Demo Talking Points: when talking about Balsamiq in front of a crowd, I would start by showing our short demo video, maybe with the volume turned off so that you can speak over it.
As for talking points, I would stress:
- The app's speed, which approaches pen and paper. This is critical because the goal is to try many different things quickly. More expensive tools are also much more time-consuming, and when you spend time on something it's harder to throw it away and start over, which is often what's needed for creating the best possible user experience.
- The low-fidelity look which encourages honest feedback: we call it "a look no-one is afraid to criticize". ;) Also mention you can switch skin for more polished presentations.
- The fact that we update the application often based on customer feedback.
- The fact that we're a small company made of down-to-earth, good people who truly care for our customers' success and who take pride in providing legendary customer service. We are also doing great financially and we're in it for the long haul, we won't sell out or go bust any time soon.
- You could also show Wireframes To Go, our user-contributed collection of ready-to-use UI components and design patterns.
Once you fire up the application, I would show these features: hiding the UI Library and using Quick Add instead, showing how easy it is to add data to a Data Grid (including checkboxes, toggling the scrollbar with one click), our use of progressive disclosure when resizing a large selection (the size in pixels shows up only when you need it) or by typing "lorem" into a Paragraph of Text control. Then, to show that the tool is deeper than it looks, I would import an image (make sure you show the "Sketch it!" feature) and show the Icon Library. If you still have time, reusable Symbols are a great finisher.
A personal story is also always very powerful, so if Balsamiq saved you some time or helped you think through a UI recently, definitely talk about it! :)
Good luck with your demo, let us know how it went! :)
#Press and Demo Kit
Do you want to write about or demo Balsamiq?
Thanks so much, your help is much appreciated! :) We have some assets below that may be helpful.
First of all, if you are a do-gooder, high school teacher, or plan to teach a UX Design class using Balsamiq, you may qualify for a free license. To find out if you qualify, read the terms for free licenses.
Here are some logos you can use. Click for bigger size or right-click and select Save Link As...:
Please read the official Balsamiq Mark Usage Guidelines. Download the EPS versions here:
The product page has a bunch of screenshot of sample mockups you can use, created with Balsamiq.
#Company & Product Description
Feel free to copy and paste the paragraphs below.
Balsamiq is the maker of the industry-leading rapid wireframing software that combines the simplicity of paper sketching with the power of a digital tool so that teams can focus on what's important. Balsamiq is a small and personable company that competes on usability and customer service. Balsamiq believes work should be fun, and that life is too short for bad software. https://balsamiq.com
Balsamiq Wireframes (formerly Balsamiq Mockups) is the industry-leading rapid wireframing software that combines the comfort and simplicity of paper sketching with the power of a digital tool, so your work is easier to share, modify, and get honest feedback on. Wireframes look like sketches, so stakeholders won't get distracted by little details, and can focus on what's important instead. https://balsamiq.com
Balsamiq is available for Desktop, as a hosted web service, or as a plugin for Google Drive, Confluence and Jira.